Monday, February 11, 2013

Former Senator Len Suzio appointed to the Office of Victim Advocate Advisory Committee



Former State Senator Len Suzio announced today that he has been appointed to the Advisory Committee for the Office of Victim Advocate. "I am extremely happy to be appointed to the Committee. The OVA plays an important role advocating for the victims of crime in Connecticut. Last year I had the opportunity to meet and work with the State Victim Advocate, Michelle Cruz as we sought to reform the "Early Release" law that allows violent criminals out of prison long before their sentences are completely served. All too often violent criminals are out of jail before their innocent victims are out of the hospital." said the former state senator.


"My experience working with the OVA last year helped me to appreciate the critical role the OVA plays providing support to the victims of crime in Connecticut. I want to do whatever I can to assure a vigorous and active Victim Advocate in our state. I want to make certain that the rights of crime victims are not run over roughshod by criminal rights lawyers and their political sympathizers", said former Senator Suzio.


"I am looking forward to working with the Office of Victim Advocate and supporting the Office as it advocates for the rights of those who have suffered so much at the hands of hardened criminals. I also am looking forward to a continuation of the exchange I had last year with Undersecretary Michael Lawlor regarding the fatally flawed Early Release Law. I believe my membership on the Committee will give me the opportunity to continue my advocacy to change this controversial and flawed law", Senator Suzio concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment