Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jane Hamsher on Kucinich, Grayson & Himes

From one of my favorite Dems, Jane Hamsher at Firedoglake:

After a week of voting that saw over 110,000 votes cast, the winners of the FDL 2010 Fire Dogs Contest are:

First Place: Dennis Kucinich, 24,967 votes
Second Place: Alan Grayson, 17,296 votes


I can see why Dennis and Alan are so well-liked by liberals. They're my two favorite Dem Congressmen. Neither are members of The Political Class.

Jane continues her piece by explaining why these members are well-liked by the Firepups:

Having worked with many many progressive members of Congress, this is what these Reps do that others don’t:

1. Treat online supporters like others treat lobbyists: Grayson, Kucinich and Weiner treat the online community like Jim Himes treats Goldman Sachs. Whereas Himes calls up his bankster donors before he takes a votes, these three go online and made their case to online activists.


I kinda liked Jim two years ago. And I live in the CT-5. Nonetheless, I strongly hope that all members of Congress with any relation to Goldman Sachs get booted this year.

IMO, there is outright corruption related to the dealings among Paulson, Geithner and The Banksters. And while I don't think that has anything to do with Congressman Himes, I'm simply disgusted with all-things-Goldman. Washington needs a good house cleaning - on both sides of the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment